Momentum for Health is one of Santa Clara County’s largest nonprofit providers of behavioral health services. We offer treatment for both adults and teens — delivering comprehensive, integrated, accessible, culturally competent care.
Helping individuals achieve mental and emotional health, discover and reach their potential, and fully participate in life.
Our team treats every client with respect, by:
- Affirming their dreams, strengths, abilities, and worth to build their sense of hope
- Being fully present with and genuinely interested in them
- Engaging in real communication
- Nourishing feelings of worthiness, wholeness and well-being
- Nurturing self-confidence, self-reliance, and decision-making
- Offering strengths-based assessments, services, and evaluations
- Partnering with clients on care that fits their needs, preferences, beliefs, and cultures
Self-efficacy is our belief in our ability to meet challenges and complete tasks. Our team helps clients build self-efficacy, so they can:
- Create and maintain a lifestyle that sustains wellness
- Develop or regain an active sense of self
- Make choices that align with their hopes, values, and goals
- Nurture family connections, social supports, and a peer community
- Take control and responsibility for their life
Innovation and Accountability
Momentum for Health values everyone involved in care. Clients, families, payors, donors, and the community are all our stakeholders. As a leader in the field, we:
- Conduct pilot programs before integrating new strategies
- Customize our approach to each situation
- Evaluate outcomes and improve services based on the findings
- Offer a variety of services to give stakeholders choices
- Make a difference in areas our stakeholders value
Who We Serve
Each year, we serve over 4,000 adults and youth at our residential and outpatient locations. Many of our clients have experienced:
- Disabling mental health conditions
- Involvement with the justice system
- Substance use
Despite these challenges, we believe everyone…
Can change and recover
Deserves individual care for their unique needs
Is responsible for their own choices and actions
Naturally seeks health and well-being
Momentum for Health’s leadership team guides our staff to achieve our mission and vision every day. Our board of directors and executive team offer many years of collective experience in behavioral health and nonprofit management.
Under their leadership, Momentum for Health innovates to provide quality care, change perceptions of people who have a diagnosis, and remove barriers to full participation in society.
Over the next few years, Momentum for Health will focus on five major strategic priorities to create a stronger and healthier Silicon Valley. Learn about these priorities and how they will impact the community.
Momentum for Health has a long history of serving our community’s behavioral health needs since the 1950s. While the organization has evolved since our early days, we’re still driven by the same core beliefs: every person is unique, everyone can change, and everyone deserves respect.