As an intern at Momentum, you build the skills and experience you need to work as a mental health professional in the public or private sector.
As one of our region’s largest community-based behavioral health agencies, we offer a challenging and enriching environment to support your professional growth and development. Interning at Momentum offers:
- Exposure to clients with a wide variety of diagnoses
- Interactions with clients who have diverse cultural and lived experiences
- Experience working in an innovative environment at the forefront of our field
- A chance to learn from psychiatrists within our robust medical services department
- Access to internal trainings, as well as Santa Clara County trainings
Momentum provides a higher level of integrated care than many other agencies. Our programs include residential and outpatient services, addiction treatment, linkage to on-site medical care, employment services, and independent and supportive housing. By interning here, you gain professional experience within an evidence-based, whole person care model.
What to Expect from an Internship
Momentum offers both mentored practicum and field placement opportunities. We typically accept interns at several Momentum locations that provide outpatient, residential, and partial hospitalization care.
The focus and format of your internship varies by school and program. We work with our interns to design a plan that fits with their school’s requirements. Most interns work at Momentum for about 16–24 hours per week.
Take the Next Step
For more information or to apply for an internship, contact Ofelia Picanco at (669) 299-2709 or firstname.lastname@example.org.